EUMETSAT User Forum in Africa (6-7 Oct.)
The #14UFA will further explore the use of satellite data for weather and climate services in Africa.
Plenary Session of the 14th EUMETSAT User Forum in Africa.
The purpose of the EUMETSAT User Forum in Africa is to sustain the well established dialogue between EUMETSAT and the African user community, in particular the National Meteorological Services and their regional centres. The overall objective was to facilitate the use of EUMETSAT satellite data throughout the continent. The Forum also provided the opportunity to identify actions and initiatives that could be taken by EUMETSAT to meet the requirements of its African partners.
Day #1 – 6 October 2021
- Opening Ceremony
- Session #1: Status of EUMETSAT programmes (incl. data access and training)
- Session #2: Report form the Working Group sessions
Day #2 – 7 October 2021
- Session #3: MTG Africa and AMSAF
- Session #4: Status of Capacity Building programme (ClimSA, GMES&Africa)
- Session #5: Adoption of main recommendations